Saturday, December 19, 2009

Destination Visit - Liverpool

Actually, the first time I went to Liverpool, it should be in the summer last year when I was still studying in Norwich. As Liverpool gave me the first impression pretty good and last time I did not have enough time to go around to Liverpool city. Hence, Liverpool has become my destination visit assessment for the foundation of scholarship.


Liverpool was Cultural Capitals last year. They are running cultural tourism quite successful. I have visited to Liverpool again last two weeks. Comparing with last time, it was summer and I did not have any friend in Liverpool, also I did not know any tourist attration about there, only know the famous attraction should be everything related to Beatles. So, me and my friends took the sightseeing bus to the riverside and the city centre only. However, this time one of my friend moved to Liverpool and my friend's second cousin who is typical born in Liverpool. Finally, he became our tour guide to drive me some attraction which is not easy for tourist to get to.


Fortunately, Liverpool also is doing "Go Penguins" festival, I remember last year also was running other one, but different animal, "Lambanana" is the combination with Lamb and Banana. 


Tow of Penguins are located in the front door of Liverpool Lime street station.


This is the original "Lambanana" .


There is the Wheel for Christmas period in the city centre.


This is Richard Wilson's Turning the Pace Over, also it is one of the attractions in Liverpool, the sightseeing bus will take the tourist to stop a second  for taking the picture for this building.


The area is a hertiage site including The World Museum Liverpool, Library, Walker Art Gallery, Empire Theatre and St George's Hall


The World Museum is separated different exhibition  in each level, we went to see the aquarium.
I have never seen this fish before, how special!!


This one likes hiding, my friend said that if you go away, they won't keep hiding again.
Its face looks quite funny as well. 


Anyone can see the fish in the sand, the fishs' body looks the same colour as the same. 
It is not easy to notice when we don't pay attention.


There is the riverside in Liverpool, is an attraction for tourist as well.
last year I also have been there.

   
TATE Liverpool, my friend's cousin said that the door is designed by him.


Riverside Maritime Museum, it is also free admission.


St. James Garden

 
Metropolitan Cathedral

 
Inside will be obvious to see the round shape design


Anywhere we can will something related to Beatles. 

Overall, Liverpool can utilize its advantage to promote and develop tourism industry, espically in cultural toursim, the small city can let the tourist have the good impression and experience. It should be the good reflection to some other cities on  under-development. No matter transportation and tourist facilities still are runinng very well. I can not find out the improvment as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany,
    Useful Report! Merry Christmas and Happy new year!
    See you next Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - A very intersting post, I look forward to reading more, especially about your dissertation idea!

    ReplyDelete

Followers