Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dissertation idea coming out!!

As I have mentioned before, I am interested in doing the dissertation of Macau, becasue it will be more beneficial for me actually. And also the dissertation could make me explore my hometown as being contribution to the local government and residents. It might let me get the career path in tourism industry during the process.


Anyway, I am really appreciated Dr. Peter to give me his point of view about his impression of Macau, it gave me some hints to think about what is necessary to improve in the current situation. It can keep its own tourism market and also create new tourism market in the further future.


The time is going quite rapid, at the end of next month we have to sumbit and determine our research proposal. It should make decision as early as possible, the time mangament will be much easier to handle with other course works. Therefore, I have little bit discussed with Dr. Peter to think an idea to promote the old structures in the city centre near the World Heritage Site. There is an old area over around all old structures which had lots of history background. However, there could not be one of the attractions as the WHS image even the gambling are so strong. Actually, the local governemnt also try to improve those environment to promote various tourism, I have read a new from Macau Daily. Recently the held a food festival in one of the old areas. The aim would like toattract more tourists and also promote to local residents coming to visit. Finally, It seems like getting some good feedbacks from the tourist and resident. As I know, 10 years ago, the old area was the street market with lots of local culture, but the economic and environment have been changed, many people moved out and gave up their business to work in Casino which can offer a good paid as a dealer without higher education.


So far I am thinking it will be definitely a challenge if I determine this research. First, Macau got too much problems to improve such as transportation, economic, education etc.. Second, I do not know what type of aspects I should focus on? If I can slove these probelms, it will be better for me to extend other elements in terms of research target and objective. Actually, just a few ideas is coming out, If something is not able to be implemented, I will change other ideas eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers